Friday, December 23, 2011

MY GRAM IS MAKING HER CHEESE CAKE FOR CHRISTMAS SHE IS 98!

Aren't these Santa soaps the cutest?  My Gram who is 98 gave them to me last year.  I don't know how old they are but Gram says that she's had them for years. They look vintage to me.   They are about 2 inches high by 1 1/2 inches wide. so, so, so cute...

ME AND MY GRAM


Gram always collected little trinket toy like things as far back as I can remember. Some things were hanging from the ceiling and some were in the garden. She had a wide array of magnets that are just so cute.  She also cut out things from magazines and glue them on her cabinet..  The things she cut out were so cute and funny and they had a lot of detail to them.  Gram was good with a scissors.  Interestingly, my Dad was a awesome toy designer and maybe, Dad had some of Gram's 'toy making' and trinket genes.  Hmmm...
GRAM'S CABINET

My Gram is baking a cheese cake today.  Believe it, she is 98!
She told me not to call her on Friday because she is baking her awesome cheese cake today and it will take her all day.  So, she said in a very serious way "don't call on Friday, all day".  Gram says it takes her a long to me to make the cake because she has to move around the kitchen to get things.  Gram tells me that she is putting in 6 eggs and 3 cream cheeses this time.  She says she thinks this is the last cake she will make.  I hope it is not.  We will have her yummy cake on Christmas Sunday.

Gram raised me and my siblings since we were young and it was really hard on her but she had a lot of courage and bravery to have us come live with her.  My Grandfather has just passed away and Gram was 50 years old and she was in a new house in a strange town.  After my Dad passed away, when I was 14 years old, she again had all four of us come to move back in with her.  I really don't know what would have become of me and my siblings if Gram did not take care of us.  I don't even want to think about it.  So I say, Hats off to Gram.  Hang in there Gram and I hope you make it to 100 years old!

I love my Gram and here's to the cheese cake on Christmas!
Cheers!!!
Loren



No comments:

Post a Comment